- Use the stairs, not the lift.
- Turn off the electrical devices that you do not want to switch on after the power cut. These may be the kitchen stove, oven and the sauna oven, for example.
- Avoid opening the fridge and freezer doors. If the outside temperature is below zero, you can take frozen foods outside.
- Close doors and windows so that heat does not escape.
- Take a breath – we will repair the fault as soon as possible.
- If power lines have fallen on the ground, stay at least 20 metres away from them. Steer clear of trees and branches that touch a power line.
What if the power cut is extensive?
- It may take a long time to repair an extensive power cut.
- If there are elderly people of small children in your household, it would be ideal for you to wait for the return of electricity at relatives' or friends' house.
Would you like to get information about power cuts sent directly to your mobile phone or e-mail address? Why not sign up for Caruna's free alert service, Caruna Sähkövahti? We will inform you of planned supply interruptions in advance, and alert you to unexpected power cuts in the medium voltage network as soon as possible. As a Caruna customer, you can register several phone numbers or e-mail addresses.
You can subscribe to Caruna Sähkövahti if you have a valid electricity network contract with Caruna, as well as a home, holiday home, or other property within Caruna’s network area. You can start using Caruna Sähkövahti as soon as you have subscribed to it or have been registered as a user when you move to a new house.
You should always keep your contact details and Caruna Sähkövahti settings up to date. You can easily enter any updates or opt out of the service by logging into our online services.
If you have not subscribed to Caruna Sähkövahti, we will send you a notice of a planned power cut by in the mail. We will stop sending you these notices by mail when you have subscribed to Caruna Sähkövahti.
Here's how to recognise a zero-conductor fault
- Some lights are exceptionally bright or others dimmer than usual. The intensity of the lighting varies, especially as other electrical devices are switched on or off.
- Electrical devices function oddly, light bulbs might break.
- There are buzzing or banging noises coming from the electrical panel and you may smell burning.
- Be careful! You might get an electric shock from a device that has a metal casing.
Compensations for power cuts
We automatically pay a standard compensation for a continuous power cut of more than 12 hours in accordance with the contract terms and conditions.
Read more >
Compensation for damage
You can choose whether to submit a claim for damages to Caruna or to your insurance company, depending on your insurance cover. Submit the claim within a reasonable time of the date you noticed the damage (2–3 months).
Read more >
We want to ensure that things run smoothly even if there has been a misunderstanding or an issue with our service. If you would like to provide feedback about Caruna's products or are dissatisfied with the service you have received, please make our customer service department your first point of contact. This will ensure that any issues can be addressed immediately. If the matter is not resolved through discussion with our customer service representative, however, you can take the matter to Caruna's customer ombudsman for further investigation.