Caruna's Customer ombudsman

Caruna's Customer ombudsman

Caruna's customer ombudsman

Are you dissatisfied with our service?

We want to ensure that things run smoothly even if there has been a misunderstanding or mistake in our service.

If you want to give feedback about Caruna's products or are dissatisfied with the service you have received, please contact our customer service first. That way, any misunderstandings can be corrected right away.

If the issue is not solved through discussion with our customer service representative, you can take the matter to Caruna's customer ombudsman for further investigation. You are advised to take the matter to the customer ombudsman within six (6) months of the error or misunderstanding.

The customer ombudsman handles complaints, appeals or disagreements related to Caruna's network services or products, such as disagreements in billing, connecting to the electricity network, renovation work or improvement initiatives. The service is free of charge.

The customer ombudsman cannot take a stand in:

  • matters related to electricity retail
  • compensation decisions by the customer's insurance company
  • decisions made by the Finnish Energy Authority or courts of justice
Appeal a decision

How to appeal a decision

You can contact the customer ombudsman by filling in a web form, by email, by calling 044 762 0347 or by sending the relevant information regarding your issue in a letter to

Customer ombudsman Jarmo Ström
P.O.Box 1
00068 Caruna, Finland

The appeal must include:

  • your name and contact details
  • your personal ID code or business ID
  • the service provider the appeal relates to
  • the name of the person who has handled the matter
  • the claim and the justification for the claim

The opinions of the customer ombudsman are recommendations and are not binding to the parties. The customer ombudsman will contact you within two days of the reception of the contact request. If you are dissatisfied with the customer ombudsman's decision or do not want to appeal to the customer ombudsman, you may take your matter to the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority or Energy Authority for resolution.